TEXAS STYLE SWEET POTATO WEDGES WITH CARAMELIZED PECANShttps://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/28a-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/28a-1024x1024.jpg
This holiday season I thought it appropriate to pay tribute to my home away from home by combining a few local favorites : sweet potatoes and pecans. Tall pecan trees can be found growing like weeds in the background and Texans love their pecans. Pecan pie, roasted pecans, pecan pralines… and the list go but today we’re making Texas Style Sweet Potato Wedges with Caramelized Pecans. YUM! This dish pairs nicely as a side, can be served as a sweet snack or with a salad.
What will you need to get started?
3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
1 teaspoons Garam Masala
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper
2 ounces chopped pecans
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C)
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges.
3. Place the sweet potato wedges onto a baking tray.
4. Add the spices, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, the olive oil, salt & pepper, and mix well so all the wedges are coated with the mix.
3. Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes, or until tender. Turn them once during that time.
4. While the wedges are baking, in a small bowl, mix the chopped pecans with the remaining 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
5. Add pecan mix to the sweet potato wedges about 25-30 minutes into the bake.
5. Bake for remaining 10-15 minutes, until the nuts are golden and crunchy.
Sharing is caring!
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
RAINBOW SALAD : A HEALTHY LUNCHhttps://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41c-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41c-1024x1024.jpg
MY HUBBY’S HEARTY HEALTHY BOLOGNESEhttps://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/40a-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach https://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/40a-1024x1024.jpg