QUICK AND EASY INDIAN CHICKEN CURRYhttp://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/21a-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach http://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/21a-1024x1024.jpg
I happen to really love Indian food, specifically Indian Chicken Curry. I love how the combination of simple ingredients can produce such bold, creamy delicious flavors. Paired with a few slices of fresh warm naan or pita, or basmati rice sprinkled with cilantro …even a fresh salad and you’ve got yourself a tasty healthy meal in less than a half hour.
Prep time 20 minutes
8 deboned chicken thighs, chicken breast can be so dry
1 large red onion
2 cans of seasoned diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
3-4 tbsp of Indian curry powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Peel the apples and cut each quarter into 3 pieces. Peel the onion, cut into quarters and slice each quarter.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a deep skillet or in a Le Creuset type cast iron.
3. Cook apples and onions for 5 minutes, add the curry powder, salt and pepper and cook until lightly brown.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and ½ can coconut milk and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Sauce is almost ready. Taste and adjust the seasonings, add more curry powder if you want to add body and spice to the sauce, more coconut milk if you want it creamier and more salt if necessary.
6. Slice the chicken thighs and place the slices in the sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Check if chicken is cooked through. Watch out, don’t overcook it, it should be very juicy. Don’t forget it will continue to cook a little in the sauce while you are serving the plates.
7. Here come all the sides that make the recipe one of my favorites! Serve the curry with Mango chutney (any good brand works, I particularly love Sharwoods chutneys), coconut shavings, raisins and a few slices of banana. All those flavors and textures make this dish so interesting and so tropical!!
8. Serve with rice and lots of cilantro!
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
PINK AND AVOCADO HALLOUMI BURGERhttp://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/35a-1-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach http://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/35a-1-1024x1024.jpg
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS, ALMONDS AND OLIVEShttp://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/31a-1-1024x1024.jpg 1024 1024 Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach Delphine Remy | Holistic Nutrition & Eating Psychology Coach http://delphineremy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/31a-1-1024x1024.jpg